Friday, April 6, 2012

Our New Apartment

So, here was the last night in the old basement apartment. Zilla, my crazed Pomeranian cousin, "helped" pack boxes.




Here I am in the new awesome apartment!  Me an my mom share it with her niece Marilyn and Zilla.  Mom and I have the master bedroom with attached walk in closet and half bath.  That means the door can be shut to keep out my maniac cousin, but I still have access to my litter box and food and desk bed and everything.
I am on top of a stack of boxes in this picture to stay away from Zilla.  She wants to play and I don't.


This is our upgraded kitchen.


We can't afford much furniture yet, so the dining area is humble.  Do you like our sparkly skeleton?


We don't have a sofa yet, so we are using these elegant lounge chairs.


But we have the essentials, like a new HD TV, 'cause the old one died, and cable and so forth.


Zilla loves the balcony with the view of the woods.  I don't go out there.  It's her territory.  I have a great view from my bedroom window, though, and my mom says with the window screen she doesn't have to worry about me jumping away.  Like I would.  Sheesh.


This is the bedroom.  I love how Mom put just a mattress on the floor.  So easy for me to access her and the window.  See me on top of the desk by my lamp?  Zilla's toys are all over my bed 'cause she's hanging out in my bedroom sometimes when her mom is at work.  My mom is looking for work now, too, so she's gonna have even less time with me.


This is our walk in closet and then the half bath beyond.


I have a new fountain and I eat up on this counter now.


I really like it!


I'm just relaxing here, chasing my laser butterfly for a bit.


Oh, noes!  My maniac cousin.


Sometimes I hide from her in the bottom of the desk.


Now I am eyeballing her suspiciously from on top of the desk.


Because here she comes!


This video shows how feisty and fierce I am defending my territories.

My mom said she will update as much as she can, but she has been really busy a lot lately.  We miss you all!

10 comments:

Poppy Q said...

We are glad to hear that you are settled into the new place. Looks like you have lots of space, and once you get some more furniture it will be nice and cosy.

Have a lovely Easter.

julie and Poppy Q
xxx

Katnip Lounge said...

How wonderful to hear from you! We were wondering about you just the other day. Your new digs look very nice, and your Maniac Cousin--well--we hope he settles down a little!

Eric and Flynn said...

It looks like you have lots of room in your new apartment. Good for you for telling Zilla off. We hope he soon stops bothering you.

Fuzzy Tales said...

It's good to get an update! We're glad the move went well--or as well as moves ever do (lol).

But your cousin...Hmm, we think Zilla wants to play in that video, thinks it's all a game, but you look pretty darn serious to us! We, too, hope she settles down and leaves you alone in peace.

The Island Cats said...

Your new place looks pretty cool! But we're sorry Zilla is bothering you so much. Hopefully she will stop

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

Wow, Baby, I think you hate that dog even more than I dislike the one who lives at my house! At least you have a fab new place to live!

Meg said...

We miss you too but glad to see you settling in!!

Mark's Mews (Ayla, Iza, and Marley) said...

Great new place! Few Beins have a skeleton hangin from the ceiling. Can we come by an look at it (bringing some fancy stinkey goodness as a welcoming prezzie)?

Tyrone said...

I admire your new apartment. You don't need to hurry in buying furniture and decors. Your new home still looks pretty. The lounge chairs are so relaxing, and I could take a nap there for hours. :-) I love the smell of trees, so my favorite spot is also the balcony.

Tyrone Swopes

Marry Digg said...

Tyrone, didn't you have fun taking a look at those pets they have in the apartment? I think you should've commented more on it... They're so cute! They love the apartment just as much as the owners do. :D
Marry Digg